The economy is the system by which people interact and trade goods and services with each other. The economy of early societies was based on barter. In a barter system, a farmer might trade his cow’s milk to the baker for a loaf of bread. Today, our economy uses money to make trade easier. So, a farmer can sell his cow’s milk for money, and use that money to buy bread from the baker.
- The Conversation: Succession Is on the Minds of Family Businesses Everywhere
- Future of the Business World: Tackling Social Inequality One Fresh Apple at a Time
- Venture Capital Investing: What It Is and Where It's Headed
- The Power of Technology Lifts Sales for Mumbai's Book Vendors
- Show Me the Money: Analyzing Porter’s Five ForcesHow would you choose the best industry in which to invest your money? A little help from Porter’s five forces analysis might give you just the insight you need to make an informed investment decision.