An acquisition occurs when one firm, the acquirer, buys another firm, the target. The acquisition of Super Toys by Food Stores was likely to be a success story, because the two firms had similar strengths that would help them fit well together.
- Credit in China: A Culture of Consumer Spending?Since being introduced in 1985, the number of credit cards issued in China has grown at an astonishing rate, reaching 285 million in 2011, five times the number in 2006. MasterCard projects that annual credit card spending in China will more than double by 2025, and over the next decade, the country is expected to become the largest credit card market in the world by number of issued cards, overtaking the United States. This article, written by William Hart, Thomas Kidd, Lane Rettig and Nicholas Walker, members of the Lauder Class of 2014, takes a look at consumer credit in China.
- Career Insight: Elvis Zhang on Making Cities Better
- Baseball and Big Data: How Statistics and Analytics Are Changing the Game
- Career Insight: CFO Lloyd Howell Jr. on Being Prepared for Anything
- Behind the Big Investment into Florian Hagenbuch's Latin American Startup