An angel investor is a rich person who injects a lot of money into a young company to help it grow and become successful. In the movie The Social Network, Justin Timberlake’s character tries to find an angel investor who will give Facebook owners some money in exchange for stocks. This way, the company will be able to move to nicer offices.
- Investor in Action: 5 Questions for Andrew Dudum of Hims & Hers
- Millionaire at 25: Jack Abraham on What It Takes to Be a Successful EntrepreneurJack Abraham, 25, is a successful entrepreneur. In 2008, he left Wharton to found Milo.com, a shopping engine that searches local store shelves in real time to find the best prices and availability for products of all kinds. In December 2010, eBay bought Milo.com for a reported $75 million. Abraham spoke with Knowledge@Wharton High school from his office in San Jose, Calif., about the triumphs and challenges of entrepreneurship -- starting with his days at Langley High School in McLean, Va. -- and what it takes to succeed.
- Mentors: Knowing How and When to Listen to Feedback
- The Mission for this Teen's Drone: Locate and Destroy Landmines
- Educator Toolkit: Inside Silicon Valley