A company is any type of commercial business that makes, buys, or sells goods or services. In the United States, most individuals’ primary employment comes from working for a company.
- Peggy Bishop Lane on Why Accounting Is the Language of BusinessAre you interested in a career in accounting? In this video interview with Wharton accounting professor Peggy Bishop Lane, KWHS summer intern Marisa DePuyt explores all angles of accounting, from the messages inherent in the numbers to the importance of integrity.
- Building a Network: ‘One Simple Connection Can Lead to So Much’Through his venture, GivingBackPacks, high school student Alex Swerdlow has learned the value of developing a social mission. At the same time, he has begun to master one of the most vital business skills: making connections. One simple e-mail can lead to endless possibilities.
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.
- 10 Terms New Investors Should Know
- Career Insight: Elvis Zhang on Making Cities Better