Stock market can be defined in two ways. One way is to describe the total world market for stocks, which are ownership shares in public companies. The stock market moves up or down due to many factors. Some of these factors are not fully understood, even today. Another definition of stock market is a particular place where stocks are bought and sold. For example, the New York Stock Exchange is a stock market.
- Win or Lose, Student Competitors Should Learn to Tell Their Stories
- Venture Capital Investing: What It Is and Where It's Headed
- Our 2023 Investment Competition Global Finale Ends in Sweet Victory for DMV’s Finest
- Understanding Risk and Return: The Roller Coaster Ride of InvestingInvesting money requires research and strategy, since the risks and rewards can be considerable. Before making the commitment, a would-be investor should understand the elements of an investment – from risk and return, to short-term notes and inflation.
- Show Me the Money: Analyzing Porter’s Five ForcesHow would you choose the best industry in which to invest your money? A little help from Porter’s five forces analysis might give you just the insight you need to make an informed investment decision.