A stock is a share of ownership in a company. A stock usually pays dividends, which are variable payments from the company to its owners. I own a few shares of Nike stock, so when a lot of people buy Nike shoes, I’m happy, because the price of Nike stock is more likely to go up.
- From Pizza to Finance, Students Talk about Joining the Family Business
- Announcing the Top 10 Teams Advancing to Our 2022 Investment Competition Grand Finale
- Win or Lose, Student Competitors Should Learn to Tell Their Stories
- Prof. Michael Roberts Wants Global Youth Students to Discover the 'Elegant Simplicity' of Finance
- 5 Tips to Help You Know When It's Time to Quit