Motivation means triggering, directing, and sustaining effort. There are days when we get out of bed in the morning and it requires very little for us to take on the day’s challenges. We feel a great sense of clarity about what we want to do. And it’s not a challenge at all to stay motivated until we head home in the evening. And then there are those other days — often it feels as if there are far too many of them — when we get out of bed in the morning and feel disenchanted and disillusioned, or overwhelmed, or completely unclear about what we should be doing. Or when we excitedly embark on a new plan of action but then feel mired in a slow grind after a few hours of work. That’s motivation. It’s one of the most important considerations for any manager. Managers are responsible for staying motivated and helping to motivate others.
- The Business of Urban Living
- Teamwork with a Marshmallow on TopA group of high school students had fun on a Saturday morning in February playing with a few sticks of spaghetti, some tape, string and a marshmallow. Discover what they learned about collaboration and why teamwork is so important to your future.
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.
- Exploring the Business of Money with a Few ‘Girls Who Invest’
- Future of the Business World: Adventures in Group Innovation and E-Learning