A promotion is a one-time deal given to consumers to entice them to purchase a product. Because the Philadelphia 76ers are not expected to be a good basketball team this year, the team offered a two-for-one price promotion for the regular season tickets. And probably, it should have been a ten-for-one season price promotion.
- A Ramen Noodle Restaurant Case Study in Viral Marketing
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.
- Enterprising Easter Bunnies Share Lessons in Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability and Recommerce
- Career Insight: Lean In's Rachel Thomas on New Challenges for Women at Work