Marketing can be thought of as the group in an organization, or a general set of processes focused on understanding customers and satisfying their needs. They are often responsible for determining what products to make, where to sell them, how to advertise them, and what their prices should be. It seems that the marketing team at Amazon is very good at understanding what I like to buy, where I like to shop, and how much I’m willing to pay for different products. So, I shop frequently on Amazon.
- The Pros and Cons of Working for a StartupHave you noticed how everyone is talking about startups lately? Maybe rather than launching your own company, you might want to explore the entrepreneurial culture as an employee. KWHS talks with experts and entrepreneurial types to find out the inside scoop on working for a startup.
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.
- The Power of 'Pivot or Perish' in Retail
- The Story of a 'Simple and Elegant' Health Care Startup
- Future of the Business World: The Sweet Allure of Mission-driven Baking