Management involves generating a goal and then motivating and coordinating the effort of other people (usually employees of the organization) to achieve that goal. So management involves social influence tactics… this includes providing a clear sense of direction, ensuring that each person’s work is aligned with the organization’s overarching goal, and helping people feel engaged with the work that they do every day, so that they walk through the doors of their organization each morning feeling invigorated and excited about tackling new challenges. The best managers help their employees find a deep sense of significance in their work.
- The Conversation: Succession Is on the Minds of Family Businesses Everywhere
- Future of the Business World: Fostering Gender Equality in STEM
- From Pizza to Finance, Students Talk about Joining the Family Business
- Wharton’s Tyler Wry Designs a New Program for High School Students: ‘Innovation Is a Mindset As Much As a Business Practice’
- Announcing the Top 10 Teams Advancing to Our 2022 Investment Competition Grand Finale