Economic policy is any action that a government takes in an attempt to influence the economy. When companies start to lay off workers, the government might engage in economic policy to prevent a recession.
- Round 2 Commenters Express Their Hearts and Minds Through Storytelling
- The Power of Technology Lifts Sales for Mumbai's Book Vendors
- Lessons in Globalization and International Trade
- Entrepreneurship in North Korea? Bringing Business Concepts to a Communist NationNo Facebook or Twitter? No access to the Internet? If it sounds too radical to believe, then consider this: It is the reality in North Korea. What’s more, young professionals in North Korea, which is under restrictive communist rule, know very little about basic business concepts like entrepreneurship and private equity. Geoffrey See, founder of Choson Exchange, is helping to bring business knowledge to the country, where young people are excited by new ideas and the potential for change.
- Why Germany Is the Driving Force in the EurozoneWhen you hear about how the eurozone is struggling economically, news reports often ask: What does Germany think or what is Germany doing? You may wonder why Germany is so important for the eurozone. The simple answer: Germany is the biggest economy of the 19 nations that use the euro as their currency, and that makes stalwart Germany the driving engine in the European Union.