Money borrowed from a bank or investor that must be paid back with interest. The Phillies borrowed $20 million from Citizens Bank to buy a jet airplane to fly the players to away games. This debt, plus 10 percent interest, is scheduled to be paid back to the bank in three years.
- Future of the Business World: Tire-Inspired Footwear that Is Helping the Planet and Empowering India’s Small-scale Cobblers
- Prof. Michael Roberts Wants Global Youth Students to Discover the 'Elegant Simplicity' of Finance
- A High School Educator’s Experience Co-teaching a Remote College Course
- Six Money Moves for Your FutureKWHS guest columnist Eric Watson, financial writer for Money Crashers Personal Finance who advises young people on career development, retirement planning and smart money management, offers suggestions to boost your future financial health.
- Who Knew the Job of a Prosecutor Looks Nothing Like "Law & Order?"While nobody expects you to choose your life course while you're in high school, you can certainly start trying things on for size. Why bother? When it comes to college and life, you can get scholarship money, save on tuition money and possibly someday earn a great salary.