Resources such as merchandise, land, buildings and equipment, that are owned by a company and which will provide future economic benefits to the company. Maybe somewhat surprisingly, the Phillies stadium, Citizens Bank Park, is not one of the team’s assets. Rather, the stadium is owned by the city of Philadelphia, and is just rented by the baseball team.
- When It Comes to Money, Innovation Abounds
- These Trends Are Transforming Media and Entertainment
- A Fashion Label Wants to Change How People Think about 'Made in Indonesia'
- The Investor Lifecycle: Changing Priorities, Changing PortfoliosThroughout life, financial planning – and therefore investment strategies -- often changes depending on your stage of life. While age can play a role in the composition of your investment portfolio, in the end, the biggest impact is your financial goal, the timeline you have set to reach your objective and the amount of risk you are willing to handle.
- CEO David Pottruck on How to Be a Great LeaderLast week in San Francisco, Knowledge@Wharton High School teamed up with PwC to present its second financial literacy seminar for high school educators. The theme of Day 1: Leadership. Former Charles Schwab CEO David Pottruck, who is now a Wharton professor, sat down with Knowledge@Wharton High School to discuss leadership from the inside out.