Regulations are rules set forth by the government in order to insure the safety and integrity of activities by individuals and firms. Regulations of the Department of Motor Vehicles require drivers to pass an eye test before they are issued a driver’s license.
- The Business of Urban Living
- Calling All Sports Junkies: Talking with the Founder of ESPNWhen Bill Rasmussen launched ESPN on September 7, 1979, he gave the world its first 24-hour television network and changed the way people viewed both television and sports. His innovations include the creation of “Sports Center,” wall-to-wall coverage of NCAA regular-season and March Madness college basketball, and coverage of the College World Series baseball tournament. Rasmussen, who wrote a book titled, Sports Junkies Rejoice! The Birth of ESPN, talked with Knowledge@Wharton about the challenges of founding a 24/7 sports network in the face of nearly universal skepticism, what entrepreneurs need to succeed and why he doesn’t ever plan to retire.
- A Shanghai Student Perseveres in His Quest to Provide Funding for the Poor
- Marketing Research Snapshot: Why Some Songs Become Hits
- Researchers Dig Into How the Pandemic Is Impacting Business