A product line is all the products offered by a firm within a category. For example, Apple has a wide set of product lines, one of them being the iPod, which they have several different forms of the iPod.
- E-commerce, Blue Butterflies and the Face of Creative Entrepreneurship
- Retail Careers of All Shapes and SizesFootball fans are likely lining up outside a Finish Line store in Gainesville, Fla. Baltimore Ravens safety Matt Elam, who signed a million-dollar contract last year as a first-round pick, has decided to work in the mall during the off-season to get experience for the day when he hopes to become a retail entrepreneur. Industry insiders agree that solid store experience is a great first step toward a career in retail, whether you plan to work as a buyer, merchandiser or even social media maven. KWHS explores various retail careers.
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.
- Advice from Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs with Three Very Different Products
- Julia Coquard on Creativity and Authenticity in the Beauty Business