Margin is another term for profit. Executives of companies are judged in large measure by the operating margins their companies produce.
- Inside the Macroeconomic Mindset
- Portfolio Management: Making Decisions about Your InvestmentsTo be successful, an investor needs to do more than just buy some stocks or other assets and then ignore them. Instead, experts suggest, individuals should either take an active role by monitoring their investments or let a professional do it for them.
- Financial Ratios: Evaluating a Company's Health and WorthPrice-to-earnings, debt-to-equity: Investors doing their research about companies come across these ratios all the time. Peter Hand, an investment analyst on the North American Equity Team at Aberdeen Asset Management in Philadelphia, discusses financial ratios and how they help to inform investment decisions.
- Fashionista Environmentalists Shop 'Recommerce' Instead of the Mall
- Future of the Business World: Cool Sneakers and 'Creative Destruction' with Jiro Noor