An economist is a professional trained in economics. Economists typically work for financial or consultant firms, or for the government. Economists study topics including unemployment, taxation, and stock markets.
- Show Me the Money: Analyzing Porter’s Five ForcesHow would you choose the best industry in which to invest your money? A little help from Porter’s five forces analysis might give you just the insight you need to make an informed investment decision.
- Can You Find Economic Security in Today’s Tough Job Market?In today’s unforgiving labor market, students need some intel on how they can make themselves more employable. Economists and career counselors weigh in on the importance of credentials, technology and, yes, loving what you do. If you want to repair bicycles, your prospects look good – but your salary, not so much.
- Career Insight: Jerrold Fine on What It Takes to Succeed on Wall Street
- Inside Health Economics and the Forces that Influence Health Care
- The Conversation: 6 Questions on Business, Climate and the Environment