A contract is an oral or written agreement, where two or more people agree to do things, or to refrain from doing things, in exchange for receiving something of value. After Bob spilled a power drink on his laptop, he signed a contract for computer maintenance services with Alice’s company, at a price of $50 a month.
- The Conversation: Succession Is on the Minds of Family Businesses Everywhere
- Web3 in Action: Cowboy Labs Takes on the Business of Blockchain
- A Fashion Label Wants to Change How People Think about 'Made in Indonesia'
- A Student Startup Builds E-commerce on the Blockchain
- Poor Perfume Sales Reveal the Powerful Connection between Business and CelebritySometimes even Swifties need to take the good with the bad. On August 18, fans tuned in for Taylor Swift's much-anticipated Yahoo Worldwide Live Stream. The next day, cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden blamed its worst quarterly financial results ever on slow sales of celebrity perfumes, especially scents endorsed by Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber. It's a reminder that behind every brand is a business working hard to be profitable, and celebrity endorsements can influence success.