Asset management is when a financial expert is paid to invest the money of other people. Mutual funds and hedge funds are a form of asset management. When Lady Gaga goes on tour, she is too busy to manage her own investment portfolio. So instead, she uses the services of an asset management professional.
- Investing 101: The Prospect of Growing Your MoneyWhat does it mean to invest money, and what are some of the best ways to get started? Paul Atkinson, head of North American Equities at Aberdeen Asset Management in Philadelphia, talks to KWHS about some fundamentals of the investment world.
- Financial Ratios: Evaluating a Company's Health and WorthPrice-to-earnings, debt-to-equity: Investors doing their research about companies come across these ratios all the time. Peter Hand, an investment analyst on the North American Equity Team at Aberdeen Asset Management in Philadelphia, discusses financial ratios and how they help to inform investment decisions.
- Exploring the Business of Money with a Few ‘Girls Who Invest’
- Educator Toolkit: Learning to Invest
- Educator Toolkit: Wall Street