Social impact is the effect an organization’s actions have on the well being of the community. The organization Habitat For Humanity has a positive social impact on communities by providing houses for the poor.
- Laying the Framework for a Successful StartupKWHS interviewer Hari Joy sat down with Wharton junior Katlyn Grasso to discuss her latest entrepreneurial venture championing the empowerment of young women. Grasso, who spent the summer building the foundation of her business, is the embodiment of her own success edict: "You should never place limits on what you think you can achieve."
- Inside Innovation: Tackling the World's Most Pressing ProblemsIn a KWHS article on innovation, Jamie Lee Solimano, a finalist in the 2013 Intel Science Talent Search for high school students, defined innovation like this: “To shift society or have an impact, you have to introduce something novel.” While invention is indeed one aspect of innovation, it is also so much more. In this first part of a four-part audio podcast for educators on innovation and the art of problem-solving, Saikat Chaudhuri, executive director of the Mack Institute of Innovation Management at the Wharton School; and Rob Shelton, global innovation strategy lead at PwC, discuss innovation basics and how it is related to critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Professional Athlete Stephanie McCaffrey Pursues Business in Her Life After Soccer
- Topping Off 2020 with Positive Vibes from the 'Good Pizza' Guy
- Empowerment 2021: Advice from 11 Leaders We Met This Past Year