A security is a fractional ownership in a corporation, or a business entity that acts like a corporation. Alice likes to buy securities with her birthday money. And she decided to buy one share of Google stock with it this year.
- Announcing the Top 10 Teams Advancing to Our 2022 Investment Competition Grand Finale
- Financial Ratios: Evaluating a Company's Health and WorthPrice-to-earnings, debt-to-equity: Investors doing their research about companies come across these ratios all the time. Peter Hand, an investment analyst on the North American Equity Team at Aberdeen Asset Management in Philadelphia, discusses financial ratios and how they help to inform investment decisions.
- A New Kind of Money: Bitcoin Basics Amidst a Week of Mt. Gox MayhemHave you checked into the cryptocoin scene lately? Even if you haven’t, you may have heard talk of the mysterious Mt. Gox, bitcoin and freaked-out investors. Following the news of the first and most widely known bitcoin exchange suddenly going dark, KWHS helps to demystify the world of digital currency.
- 10 Terms New Investors Should Know
- The Uncertainty Surrounding Your MoviePass Subscription