Groups are sets of individuals who share a common boundary and influence one another. Teams are groups in which the members have a shared goal. One joke that I find informative goes like this: What do you call a few people riding in an elevator? A group. What do you call those same people when the elevator gets stuck? A team. A team requires people to divide labor and coordinate their efforts to arrive at a common goal. Teams are best used when people are not easily able to achieve certain goals when working alone — such as landing a plane on an aircraft carrier.
- The Business of Urban Living
- Future of the Business World: Fostering Gender Equality in STEM
- Announcing the Top 10 Teams Advancing to Our 2022 Investment Competition Grand Finale
- Future of the Business World: Cabbage Rolls, Resilience and Our Place As Global Citizens
- Future of the Business World: Giving Migrant Workers in Singapore Access to Healthy Food