Financial services is an industry that manages money invested in a range of products, from checking and saving accounts to retirement portfolios. Many politicians have called for tighter regulations of the financial industry, after the 2008 credit crisis.
- How Do We Make ESG Sustainable?
- Generation Microfinance: Charlie Javice Believes in the Power of Students to Alleviate PovertyPoverUp, which launched in April 2011, was named one of Inc. Magazine’s “11 Coolest College Startups,” and founder Charlie Javice, who is 19, was one of Fast Company’s “100 Most Creative People in Business 2011.” Javice, a student at The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, spoke with Knowledge@Wharton High School editor Diana Drake about building an online network that lets socially minded students learn, connect and invest in microfinance.
- American Express Embraces Privilege and PurposeThink an American Express credit card is only for the rich? Think again. High school senior Wendy Huang visited AmEx this summer and learned a thing or two she won’t soon forget from Alpesh Chokshi, the company’s president of global payment options.
- Educator Toolkit: Financial Literacy
- Educator Toolkit: Cold, Hard Cash