Venture capital is equity invested in small, early-stage firms with high growth potential in return for an ownership stake. The founders of Snapchat have surrendered partial ownership in return for venture capital funds, which they’ve used to expand their company.
- A Student Startup Builds E-commerce on the Blockchain
- Investor in Action: 5 Questions for Andrew Dudum of Hims & Hers
- Venture Capital Investing: What It Is and Where It's Headed
- The Minvest Mission to Empower Gen Z Investors
- V is for Visionary: Five Lessons from Tech Titan Josh KopelmanJosh Kopelman has immersed himself in the world of info technology and emerged an entrepreneurial success story. How does Kopelman, now a vigorous supporter of and investor in tech start-ups, do it? High school student Akash Gupta met Kopelman this summer and passes along some of the tech wizard's key insights.