Venture capital is equity invested in small, early-stage firms with high growth potential in return for an ownership stake. The founders of Snapchat have surrendered partial ownership in return for venture capital funds, which they’ve used to expand their company.
- A Student Startup Builds E-commerce on the Blockchain
- Investor in Action: 5 Questions for Andrew Dudum of Hims & Hers
- Venture Capital Investing: What It Is and Where It's Headed
- V is for Visionary: Five Lessons from Tech Titan Josh KopelmanJosh Kopelman has immersed himself in the world of info technology and emerged an entrepreneurial success story. How does Kopelman, now a vigorous supporter of and investor in tech start-ups, do it? High school student Akash Gupta met Kopelman this summer and passes along some of the tech wizard's key insights.
- Introducing the Latest Stock Market Debutante: #TWTRMicroblogging service Twitter faced a judgment day of sorts on Thursday, Nov. 7, when it began trading as a public company on the New York Stock Exchange. It had a strong public stock debut, but does Twitter have room to grow? Teen and academic experts offer their analyses.