Supply chain is the network of entities that either directly or indirectly serves the same consumer or customer. The supply chain includes the vendors that supply raw materials, the producers who convert the materials into products, the warehouses that store the products, the distribution centers that deliver the products to the retailers, and the retailers who sell the product to the final user, the consumer.
- Future of the Business World: Cabbage Rolls, Resilience and Our Place As Global Citizens
- A Student Startup Builds E-commerce on the Blockchain
- Sustainable Farming: Developing a Monitoring System to Protect Crops from Disease
- Inside the Electric Vehicle Market
- The Supply Chain: Who Knew that Every Oreo Makes a Journey?In this personal essay, a high school senior recounts how her eyes were recently opened to the vast and fascinating world of supply chain management. "My biggest takeaway from my ES3 visit: Supply chain management is a complex, technologically advanced, fascinating business that, in the end, keeps food on our plates."