Public policy is a collection of actions and rules set forth by the government to promote social goals, such as reducing poverty, or making education and health care affordable. A major public policy issue is how to assist small businesses at times of economic difficulty.
- Is Going to College Worth the Investment?The cost of a traditional four-year college education is skyrocketing. While more U.S. students are enrolled than ever before, a perfect storm of soaring costs, rising student debt and shrinking job prospects has led critics to increasingly challenge whether college remains a worthwhile investment. This Knowledge@Wharton story presents all sides of the argument. What do you think?
- Ken Tokusei Talks Technology and Ping-Pong from Inside Google JapanAny opportunity to step inside the almighty Internet giant Google is a treat. KWHS sat down with Ken Tokusei, the head of Google Japan, to learn more about the company's technology, its global mission and what it's like to work there day-to-day. Tokusei also shares why his interview with the company left him in chills and what Google co-founder Larry Page means by "10x."
- When It Comes to Student Loans, It Pays to Finish Your Degree
- Public Policy: Tackling Today's Challenges
- The Conversation: 3 Things to Know About the Direction of Data Analytics