A bond is a promise to pay interest in the future, in exchange for money right now. Governments and companies sell bonds to investors. So, when the city of Philadelphia needs a lot of money to construct a new bridge, it can either borrow money from one bank by asking for a loan, or from several investors, by issuing a bond.
- The KWHS Essay Contest: Entrepreneurial Winners Conjure Gloves, Alternative Energy, Shoes and Locks The four winners of the Knowledge@Wharton High School Essay Contest “Starting a New Business” category fused creativity with business know-how to design innovative entrepreneurial ventures. Check out their business plans, selling everything from sleek and shiny gloves to shoes with a soul.
- What Are Your Investment Choices? From Condos to Gold to Plain CashWhat will you include in your investment portfolio? While stocks and mutual funds are popular investments, you also have other choices when it comes to investing your money. Here is a look at some of the most common investment options.
- Educator Toolkit: Learning to Invest
- 3 Ways Technology Is Revolutionizing Financial Services
- Future of the Business World: Two Innovators Take Us Inside the Entrepreneurship Journey