To pivot is to redirect the focus of a business based on its talent, technology, or culture as new opportunities and challenges arise. While Starbucks began as an espresso maker and coffee bean vendor, it found success after pivoting into the coffeehouse it is today.
- A Fashion Label Wants to Change How People Think about 'Made in Indonesia'
- Investor in Action: 5 Questions for Andrew Dudum of Hims & Hers
- Three Critical Steps to Help You Choose a CollegeIn the coming weeks, your mailbox will be stuffed with what you hope are those coveted college acceptance letters. Then the real work begins as you set out to make what is likely the biggest decision of your life thus far. An expert in decision sciences offers some valuable guidance – as do a few seniors who have been wrestling with their own momentous choices.
- Who Knew the Job of a Prosecutor Looks Nothing Like "Law & Order?"While nobody expects you to choose your life course while you're in high school, you can certainly start trying things on for size. Why bother? When it comes to college and life, you can get scholarship money, save on tuition money and possibly someday earn a great salary.
- The Power of 'Pivot or Perish' in Retail