Personal finance is the area of finance concerned with how people make decisions on spending and saving money and investing for retirement. When planning her personal finances, an individual needs to balance current spending habits against future spending demands, such as health expenses and retirement.
- Prof. Michael Roberts Wants Global Youth Students to Discover the 'Elegant Simplicity' of Finance
- Budgeting Basics: Spending Less than You EarnLearning how to budget is a key way to avoid being saddled with debt, and allows you to be more in control of your finances. High school student Nicholas Bakke is using his budgeting skills these days to save up for an iPad. Purchase the items you want, says Bakke, but only after you can afford them. What’s your goal?
- Six Money Moves for Your FutureKWHS guest columnist Eric Watson, financial writer for Money Crashers Personal Finance who advises young people on career development, retirement planning and smart money management, offers suggestions to boost your future financial health.
- Who Knew the Job of a Prosecutor Looks Nothing Like "Law & Order?"While nobody expects you to choose your life course while you're in high school, you can certainly start trying things on for size. Why bother? When it comes to college and life, you can get scholarship money, save on tuition money and possibly someday earn a great salary.
- 10 Terms New Investors Should Know