Being entrepreneurial is taking risks and initiative to do something innovative, and hopefully valuable. The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well at Wharton, with well over 50 innovative start-up firms launched last year by students and grads.
- The Pros and Cons of Working for a StartupHave you noticed how everyone is talking about startups lately? Maybe rather than launching your own company, you might want to explore the entrepreneurial culture as an employee. KWHS talks with experts and entrepreneurial types to find out the inside scoop on working for a startup.
- Innovation in the Classroom: Inspiring CreativityHow do we teach students to become innovative thinkers? Through exploration and experimentation. In this final part of a four-part audio podcast for educators on innovation and the art of problem-solving, Saikat Chaudhuri, executive director of the Mack Institute of Innovation Management at the Wharton School; and Rob Shelton, global innovation strategy lead at PwC, talk about ways to foster innovation in the high school classroom. They address several questions from teachers in hopes of getting at the heart of encouraging more risk-taking and creativity, as well as helping educators become catalysts for change.
- Educator Toolkit: The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- The Story of a 'Simple and Elegant' Health Care Startup
- Future of the Business World: The Sweet Allure of Mission-driven Baking