A budget is a numerical expression of a proposed plan of action for a specified period. The Bluth Company’s sales budget has been set for 200,000 tables to be sold in the current financial year.
- Future of the Business World: Fostering Gender Equality in STEM
- Future of the Business World: Giving Migrant Workers in Singapore Access to Healthy Food
- Traveling with Your Students Can Build a Stronger Business Program
- On Location with Sara Jane McCaffrey: Global Youth Students Explore Competitive Advantage in Cambridge, U.K.
- Inside Accounting: 'There's Room among the Pencil Pushers for Creative Types Like Me'JB King is a director at Ernst & Young, one of the world’s largest professional services firms and one of the Big Four accounting firms, along with Deloitte, KPMG and PricewaterhouseCoopers. The Big Four handle most of the financial audits for publicly traded companies. But don’t expect to see King accessorizing with a pencil and green plastic visor anytime soon. In this essay, King describes a very different view of life as an employee at a Big Four accounting firm.