Changes for 2021-2022
Changes for Next Year’s Investment Competition
Thank you for your interest in the Wharton Global High School Investment Competition! This year’s competition will run Monday, September 27 to Friday, December 10, 2021 with team registration opening in summer 2021.
We are excited to share some of the changes that we have made to the competition:
Wharton knows that business transcends national boundaries and this year we will allow truly global teams to compete. In the 2021-2022 competition teams will no longer be required to have students located in the same geographic region.
- Students are free to form a team with members from ANYWHERE in the world! Feel free to talk to your friends from around the globe to form the ultimate power team.
- The top 50 teams will be selected as semifinalists, regardless of where each team is from.
All teams are required to have an adult advisor. This individual takes on many roles in the competition and is the guiding force behind each team’s success.
- We strongly encourage and recommend having a teacher serve as the team advisor; however, this is no longer required. Teams are now welcome to work with relatives or a financial professional if you cannot identify a teacher to be your advisor.
- Advisors must be at least 19 years of age.
- All advisors must be volunteers. Advisors cannot be paid for their services. Any team found to be using a paid advisor will be disqualified immediately.
- The maximum number of teams an advisor can oversee is three. However, exemptions will be made for teacher advisors implementing the competition as part of a class or school activity.
Our competition is about fun and learning, but putting together a winning team is a huge accomplishment that we want to honor and celebrate.
- Each student member of the global champion team will receive a complimentary spot in our online summer program, Future of the Business World*.
- Each student member from all 10 finalist teams will have the course fee waived for our online course, Understanding Your Money*.
*Student must meet course/program requirements. No prize substitutions are permitted except at the sole discretion of Wharton Global Youth Program, in which case a prize (or portion of the prize) of equal or greater value may be awarded. Prize(s) are not redeemable for cash. Contest and prizes void where prohibited.